A BIG thank you to the beautiful people who nominated me! Really – Thank You all so much!
Reach @ When I Reach You
Taiwo @ Stuffed Shelves
Peachy @ Book Dragon Lair
Kat @ Kat Loves Books
Apologies for the delay on all of these… I swear I’ve been meaning to type up my most forever now. Get ready though folks – here comes 4 awards worth of backlogged answers to all of your questions!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Check out the rules here – 2018 LIEBSTER AWARD
– Let’s start right off with my first nomination from Reach –
- What were your thoughts right before you published your first post for your blog? Do I really want people to read my shitty writing?
- What is your favorite book from childhood? Hmm…gotta be Harry Potter right? That’s how my generation grew up.
- Which book genre did you use to not read, but is now reading or might consider exploring? I was never a fan of fantasy before. I thought it was kind of dumb actually – I grew up reading crime thrillers and the like. Now fantasy is just about what I exclusively read now.
- Which is your least favorite book character? Why? This one is tough…gotta come back to it later
- Which book character do you have a love/hate relationship? I feel like I have that with Shallan from The Stormlight Archives right now.
- Was there a time when you hated reading? I don’t think I’ve ever hated it. There are times where I did not want to read if it was an assignment though…
- Are you a writer? What do you write about? Someday…
- If you could place a book character and a tv/movie character into one room, which two would you pick?
- What supernatural power would you not like to have? I probably would never want to be the stretchy guy from Fantastic Four. Mister Fantastic? I’d rather have something…cooler…
- Vampires or werewolves? If we are talking Skyrim Vampires – then hell yeah. Or if I can combine them – grabbing the raw muscle from a werewolf and adding it to a vampire. That would be it. A freak beast vampire…
- What is your favorite past time, other than reading? Video Games! They’ve always been a big part of my life.
Thanks again Reach! Loved the questions!
– Now onto the questions that Taiwo came up with! –
- How tall are you? 5’10. Maybe someday I’ll hit that 6’…
- If you could be any household object, what would you like to be? A bed
- What Hogwarts house are you in? Gryffindor! I feel I could make a case for any of them though…
- If you were stranded alone on an island and somehow, you could pick five books to read, what would they be? Stormlight Archives, Fahrenheit 451, The Stand, Harry Potter, Name of the Wind. Can I just bring everything?
- What’s one gift you have always hoped for but you’ve never gotten? A house? A gaming PC? I don’t really expect any gifts so anything works…
- What is the last thing that happened to you that made you really pissed? That’s easy – it’s every day at work. IF THESE DUMB DUMBS WOULD LISTEN TO ME AND FOLLOW MY PRIORITIES WE WOULDN’T FALL BEHIND.
- What superpower would you like? Immortality – I’m a supervillain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? Stay at home author
- Would you like to be moderately comfortable, okay rich or extravagantly rich? I guess I could settle for just OKAY rich…
- What’s the last milestone you have reached on your blog? 1.5k followers
- If you’re a bookstagrammer or you post blog pictures on Instagram, where do you take pictures and what things do you use to decorate your pictures? Attach your IG handle and the best picture you have. Not a bookstagrammer – feel free to add me though Chaz IG
Thank you Taiwo! Had to think about some of those…
– Next up are the questions from Peachy! –
- What are your top 3 favorite #bookstagram accounts? I’m not really in the bookstagram scene – so I’d have to go with what I’ve seen – Yours! Jasmine’s (Man she’s got that color scheme game on point) There’s another girl I follow that was pretty good – I think her account was halfbloodprincess? I can’t find it now…
- If you can name your child/pet after a book character, what will be the name of your child/pet? Kaladin or Dalinar. Thought about getting a bearded dragon and naming them Maximus (my alter ego) or Paarthurnax/Alduin.
- What is the date stamp on the first post of your current blog? July 24th 2016
- What are your top 2 underrated recommended reads? Armada and Stone Barrington. Both are too formulamatic – but the ride is fun.
- What are some features you wish more bookstores would have? This can either be something that’s already present but generally not, or something you’ve never seen. Hmm… A cool lounge would be sweet. A place with amazing craft beer!
- Name your top 5 book boyfriends/girlfriends. 1- Hermione 2- Daenerys 3- Katniss 4- Jasnah 5- Black Widow (can I pick her?!)
- Let’s have some fun. Do, date, or ditch your answers to Q6. Since there are only 3 categories, the 2 you don’t mention you automatically ditch 😉 Do Daenerys, date Hermione, ditch Katniss
- Write one favorite book quote, include author and name, and why? “Somebody has to start. Somebody has to step forward and do what is right, because it is right.” From Brandon Sanderson. I had him write it on the inside of my copy of The Way of Kings. Sometimes we have to remember to stand up and stop what is wrong. There are many times in my life where I could have stood up and stopped something. I live with the regret of inaction.
- Name a buzz book/super popular book you think is overrated. I see Throne of Glass everywhere and I secretly think it’s probably trash (DON’T HATE ME. I have no clue – I’ve never read it or tried anything like it. It’s my own bias working against all of you)
- What’s one song that reminds you of a particular book, and what book does it remind you of? Easy! The Seven Seas – Philter This is part of Brandon Sanderson’s spotify soundtrack for when he was writing Stormlight 3. I listen to it all the time now and think of Words of Radiance.
- If a book you liked is made into a movie, include pictures of your ideal cast for at least 2 of the characters. You can pick a book that’s already been made into a movie if you think some other actors/actresses could have played the role/s. I would completely redo the entire Shutter Island movie. Did no justice for the book.
Wow Peachy! I’ve been sitting here for a long time wracking my brain over my answers to these. Great questions – Thank you!
– Last but not least, Kat’s questions! –
- What do you do when you aren’t blogging? Usual boring things – Weightlifting, Playing video games, Watching Netflix, Working…
- Do you read the book before the seeing the movie? Always! The books always end up being more special for me – and I would not want to ruin that!
- Do you have a weird habit, and what is it? I can NOT eat without wiping my hands on my pants or wiping my mouth compulsively. It’s like after every bite…
- If you wrote your autobiography, what would you call it? Life of Chaz? Hah – I don’t know. My story is ready to be written yet.
- What’s your favorite piece of playground equipment and why? I always loved my old trampoline – if it’s at an actual playground – I don’t know?
- What cartoon character would you like to see as a political candidate? Tommy Pickles 2020
- Where does your mind travel to just before sleep? Usually thinking about whatever chapter I just read. Or planning out my next day of work.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Lawyer/Politician
- If your home was a cardboard box, what would you call it? Not good enough.
- What is the strangest gift you have ever given? A megaphone? Who knows…
Thanks again Kat! Fun questions you came up with!
Let’s give it up for Reach, Taiwo, Peachy, and Kat! Love you guys.
Now the tough part of nominating 10 blogs that I think should get the award. (Should be a lot more than 10! But I think I’ll want to pick some great people who could use some more exposure)
- Jiya @ Jiya Raouf – Poetry, Nature, Faith, and Beauty
- Monica @ Torn Pages and Roses
- Alex @ FrankFiction
- Rochelle @ Wandering Lectiophile
- Anukriti @ Kaleidoscopic Nerd
- Amanda @ Her Life in Pages
- Adam @ Write Thoughts
- Kat @ Bookish Tea & Kat
- Beth @ Bethan May Books
- Michele @ Wrecked My Eyes Reading
Everyone above deserves recognition for their amazing blogs! It has been a true pleasure being apart of this awesome community. Thanks to all who have reached out to me to say hey.
– My 10 questions to all of you above –
- You have to team up with one villain to try to conquer the world – Who are you going to choose as your partner?
- What do you think sets your blog aside from other ones that you’ve seen – What’s that special quality that your blog has?
- What is your favorite reading place and why?
- Which fictional character do you identify yourself with the most?
- What is your favorite ending to a book/movie/tv show?
- What is a goal that you are looking to accomplish in 2018?
- Is there a cliche or trope in any form of entertainment that you just hate?
- What is your favorite song/band?
- How do you decide what is going to be the next read?
- How have you changed since starting a blog?
Probably not the best questions, but I look forward to seeing all of the answers!