I’m doing another big awards post! I feel bad for not doing them right away, but if you see my posting history, you already know I am lazy.
A big thanks to everyone who has nominated me! Not matter who you are, it always feels good inside when you see that someone tagged you in one of the awards posts. They might not mean anything outside of this community, but I think it is a great thing that bloggers come together to do.
This post has my answers to the past 9 things I got nominated/tagged in. If you ever wanted to know more random facts about me then here you go. Let’s take a big breath and get started…
Sunshine Blogger # 1 – Leo Phong Vu @ Business Trek
- What are you goals for 2018 and why? I was pretty into powerlifting last summer, and unfortunately, I had a back injury that took me out of the gym for months. That combined with my love for craft beer, made me gain about 15-20 pounds. My plan for this year is to turn it around again, and get back to doing what I loved. I’ve lost 10 of those pounds so far this year, and I am starting to get my strength back.
- If you can learn one new skill what would it be and why? I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the violin.
- What qualities do you like most in others and why? Genuineness, sense of humor, and compassion.
- What qualities do you like most in leaders and why? The same as the above, but being able to be down to Earth, and willing to fight in the trenches side by side is what I look for. Team building is very important to me, and I will not respect a leader who does not have this skill.
- What would you do if you only had a year left to live? Blow all my savings on traveling.
- If you were given three wishes what would they be and why?
- If you had the chance to live anywhere in the world where would it be and why? Hmm, maybe someplace tropical?
- If you had the chance to go anywhere in the universe where would it be and why? I want to see what is in the dead center of the Universe.
- Describe one moment in your past that you would say changed your entire life. Hmm. Probably by dropping people who were a bad influence in my life all at the same time.
- Describe your idea of a perfect weekend. I am at home, playing video games, reading, eating pizza, having a beer, and living that chill life.
- What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail? Write.
Sunshine Blogger # 2 – Carly @ YOU, ME, & TENNESSEE
- What are you blogging about? I am mostly a book blogger at this point.
- What is the story behind your blog name? I originally started the blog to tell stories about my life and what I experienced growing up. That with my love for books made it easy.
- What are your goals for your blog? At first I was like, MAN, people are gonna love my shitty life stories. Now, I just want to be part of the community.
- Do you have a special strategy to get more followers for your blog? Interact with people whose posts you like.
- If you won an Oscar, what would your acceptance speech be about? Hmm, probably about controlling your own story.
- If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you bought? A gaming PC and a house.
- What do you do for fun when you’re not blogging? Read, eat, play video games, watch Netflix.
- What are your three favorite blogs? I feel like I would be leaving a lot of people out if I answered this.
- What qualities do you look for in a friend? See above ^ (Genuineness, sense of humor, and compassion. )
- What’s one of your most embarrassing moments? Spilling coffee in middle-school and mopping it up while everyone stared in dead silence. Or any moment in my life…
- What’s your favorite book? Fahrenheit 451 holds a high place…
Sunshine Blogger # 3 – Judi @ a thoughtful reveal
- How do you choose a book (cover art, synopsis, reviews, other) Usually from what I see recommended a lot on R/Fantasy, or through goodreads.
- Where do you look for inspiration?
- What advice would you give a new blogger? Sometimes pumping out content for sake of it, is not helping your blog.
- Are you a book person, digital person, audio person, or combo person and why? Combo. I love the feel of real books (and collecting them), I love reading my kindle in bed, I love listening to audiobooks at the gym/work, and I love reading along to audiobooks at the same time with the physical or ebook edition.
- What book are you currently recommending to friends and why? The Way of Kings. I love it. I don’t know anybody in person who has read it, and I need friends to talk with about it.
- If you could visit any city in the world for one week, which one would it be and what 5 things would you want to see? I really want to go to rome. I’m a big history buff.
- What is your favorite color and how does it make you feel? I love a rich navy blue.
- Do you monetize your blog? If yes, how? If no, why? Not really. I did set up an Amazon Affiliate account because it was recommended to me by a fellow blogger. That has not brought anything in though.
- Are you a computer geek for whom setting up your blog was a breeze? Or, are you computer challenged and still looking for the directions? Yup, I’m a computer geek. It was super easy.
- What’s your favorite genre to read and what’s so special about it? Epic Fantasy! I love worldbuilding, and the chance to feel like a hero.
- If your life were a book, what would the title be and what genre(s)? Life of Chaz? (heh) Genre would be non-fiction? (heh again)
Sunshine Blogger # 4 – Nicole @ Book Admirer
- What have you learned since starting your blog? Being social is better than I thought.
- What is your favorite plot twist in a book? Love Shutter Island.
- Who is your favorite literary hero? BRANDON SANDERSON BABY!
- What is the most unique/unexpected thing to happen to you? Hmm..Pass for now..
- What are some of your most anticipated reads in 2018? Might start Wheel of Time soon.
- What is your favorite genre and why? Erotica. It makes me feel like the way a woman like me should be treated.
- Do you like superheros? If so, who do you like the most? I was never really big into them. I’m a hardcore Marvel bandwagon fan though. Captain America might be my favorite.
- What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
- What television show are you currently hooked on? Not really hooked on anything right now. Last one was Black Mirror for sure! I am on Altered Carbon now.
- Do you have a particular reading spot? Where is it? Sideways in my bed. I need a big comfy chair again.
- If you could learn a language, what would it be? To master Spanish. If not that, probably Swedish.
Sunshine Blogger # 5 – Kelsey @ kelseywritess
- Who is your all time favorite author? Right now it is Brandon Sanderson.
- What is one place out of everywhere that you HAVE to see before you die. Rome!
- If you could star in one movie of your choice, what would it be and why? I want my own superhero movie.
- Whats one insecurity you have about yourself, what are you doing to try and better it? I was overweight growing up. Full on body dysmorphia now that I’ve gotten into bodybuilding/weightlifting.
- What was your initial inspiration for wanting to start a blog? I wanted to tell stories from my life.
- What color makes you happy every time you see it? It’s like a purple/blue color. Like the color of a tub of vicks…(what am I talking about lol)
- If you were in a movie, who would you want your co-star to be (famous or not famous) and who would you want them to play? I feel like me and Fred Armisen would get along tremendously. Put us in a buddy-cop movie. Or me and Chris Pratt in a buddy comedy.
- Whats one exotic animal you wish you could have as a pet? Uhh..A gorilla?
- Would you ever write a book? And if so, what would it be about? I would if I could. Probably an epic fantasy or sci-fi. Some post-apocalyptic would be awesome as well.
- Who is your biggest motivation in your daily life? Who I was in the past.
- What is one thing you can’t live without? Thing? Probably my phone/computer.
Blogger Recognition Award # 1 – Crystal @ PAPER ROYALTY
My story –
Being a writer was always in the back of my head as my “dream job”, and it has been so for years. I’ve never acted on it and it just stayed a dream in the back of my mind. (It still is) So I decided to start a blog to get myself some more practice. I always thought that what has happened in my life would make a decent novel or movie – (I bet everyone thinks that though) and thus I started Life of Chaz. I was also tired of reading and not having anybody in my life to talk to about the books that I love. I only know a few other people who read the same books I do now, and they have not read the ones that I love the most. (Even though I keep telling them!) Now, I am happy with just being a part of the community. I was never active on any social media sites, and blogging has shown me that it is OK to be social.
My advice –
Start reaching out to other people. I am the WORST at keeping up relationships and interacting consistently. I am never the person who will reach out, and I am never the person who starts a conversation first. If you reach out though, you will find that there are awesome bloggers that share similar opinions! Sometimes it’s not about building you brand by posting spam content, and more about the connections that you are going to make. Be genuine, and it will show through. Take that extra second to comment on someone else’s blog or give them a like on a post – You’ll find that the more you participate in the community, the more success is brought to your blog.
One Lovely Blog # 1 – MD @ Book Sniffer Clover
Share 7 facts about yourself.
- I have a super addictive personality, and get obsessed with anything that remotely brings me happiness.
- I invest too much into my job, as to where I am doing the work of 3 people, just because I need to be the best.
- Reality TV sucks – but I love anything Gordon Ramsay does.
- Going to Universal in Florida with my girlfriend (baby) was one of the best moments in my life. I’ve thought about how much fun I had every week after the trip.
- I get drunk and listen to old video game soundtracks for the nostalgia.
- I thought I was going to make it as a famous metal drummer back in the day.
- I hate that I put deadlifts and squats in today’s workout.
The Liebster Award # 5 – Lili @ Lili’s Blissful Pages
- What’s the worst book you’ve ever read? You’d think a book blogger would be more prepared to answer these questions..wtf…
- What’s the best book you’ve ever read? Gah…
- What’s your earliest memory? Being in the hospital the day my sister was born. I was 3 at the time.
- Cats or Dogs? or what pet would you want to own? Dogs!
- What did you want to be when you grew up? A lawyer for awhile. I’ve always wanted a job at NASA too…
- What’s the best thing you’ve learned or experienced from blogging? Being more social and participating in a community.
- If you’re not blogging what are you doing? Getting buzzed and listening to old video game soundtracks.
- Tea or Coffee? Tea!
- What’s your dream holiday? I’m shaking hands with Dumbledore…I’ve won the house cup!
- What’s the last record/album/mp3 you bought? Bought? Uhh… the album Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold.
Listicale Tag – Jasmine @ Jasmine’s Reading
My prompt is Top Five Favorite Villains.
- The Joker
I’ve been working on this for hours now… It’s too much to find questions and people (that would be like 100 people if I did these correctly) to tag in it. So maybe I’ll go with a cop-out and say “Hey, if you want to answer any of these questions, then go ahead! I nominate you!”
Thanks for reading,