Buckle-up! It’s time for season 3 of Blog posts I should have done months ago.
This season brings more of the same hastily answered questions with a frustrated attitude. Why? Because you never learn how little you know about yourself until you get asked the most basic questions.
Before we get into it, I want to get into how awesome the community is here on wordpress again. It’s really something special when people come together to help support other people who have the same interests and goals. While there is toxic behavior on mostly everywhere on the internet, it seems like it is heavily mitigated on wordpress. I really can’t think of an example of where I have run into people who were anything but kind and genuine. These awards may not mean much outside of the blogging community, but they just go to show how great the blogging community actually is. Thank you to everyone here who is positively contributing, and thank you for sticking around my blog!
The Liebster Award #6 – Lori @ Lori’s Bookshelf Reads
- What do you like to do before you start blogging? I’m usually doing it during my morning lifting all hopped up on preworkout.
- Favorite thing to watch?
PornRick and Morty right now.
- Physical books, ebooks or audiobooks? I like all three. Phsycial books if I love them and for the collection, ebooks for actual reading, and audiobooks when not in bed.
- Favorite blogger to read about? Anybody that you can see the passion and emotion in the writing. + My friends.
- Movies, anime or tv shows? Depends on how I feel. Usually TV shows, but I love movies too. (Never watched anime)
- What makes you happy? Anything that has a good story.
- Favorite villain in anything? THANOS.
- Top favorite read of this year? Oathbringer
- Sweet or sour? Sour.
- What 3 words to describe you? Funny, Nice, and Indecisive.
The Liebster Award #7 – The Association of Merry Makers
- What was your first memory? The day my sister was born. I remember being in the hospital with my Mom’s best friend.
- What do you think is the best kind of blog? Any blog that is written with passion behind it.
- Which medium do you like to express yourself through the most? Writing.
- When was the last time that you wrote something long-hand? Uhh…Does work count? If not then it has been quite some time. Maybe like 10 years?
- Have you ever planned something and then seen it go PERFECTLY according to plan? Same as above. I am only thinking of work related things…Do video games count too?
- What is usually the first thought that goes through your head when you wake up? Need to make my preworkout.
- Is there a certain movie, book, or song that’s always on your mind? Always? Not really. These are my past 3 on my mind though – Infinity War, Outliers, and Lost Boy.
- What was your favorite game growing up? A Link to the Past.
- What’s a small, bad thing you did that you never told your parents about? Probably breaking something small… Nothing has come to mind yet though.
- How do you feel about the future of blogging? I’m excited!!
- Dead or alive, who would you meet if you could? Joe Rogan
Sunshine Blogger #6 – The Honest Avocado
- Why do you write? To build connections with others.
- Why did you start your blog? I wanted to get more practice writing, and write down some of what has happened in my life before I forgot them.
- What is the biggest blogging obstacle you’ve had to overcome? Being comfortable enough to interact with other people.
- What inspires you? People that are wholesome and successful.
- What is the most annoying question in the world? What do you want for dinner.
- Now please answer the aforementioned most annoying question in the world. I don’t know what do you want?
- What makes you smile? Jokes! I love jokes.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 minutes? Still trying to figure out all these questions…
- What is your favorite song? Daylight Dies by Killswitch Engage
- What is your favorite snack? Goldfish!
- What is your favorite book? (Yes I know this question is rather unfair. Just answer it.) The Stand.
Sunshine Blogger #7 – Dear Anita / Dear Cassie
- Do you reread books? If so, what book do you find yourself turning to again and again? I usually do not reread books. I plan on going through Stormlight Archives again soon.
- What’s the most recent book you’ve read that you could just not put down? Mistborn Secret History
- If you could step into the universe of any book you’ve read, which would you choose? Hmm. I guess Stormlight Archives, or the GuildWars 2 Universe.
- What motivates you to write? Where do you most often find your inspiration? Wanting to capture the same emotional impact that I get through other good stories motivates me to try to do the same. My inspiration is from any good story telling.
- Settle an important debate: pie or cake? Pie.
- What is your ideal reading location? My bed or outside in the sun.
- Have you ever just stopped reading a book partway through? What book could you just not get through? I don’t usually stop, but I pick books to read next that I think I will like already.
- Early bird or night owl? Night Owl.
- What is your favorite smell? Why? Cinnamon. Reminds me of warming up on a cool fall day.
- What is your favorite thing about your home? Not much. I have a squat rack in my office. I guess that is my favorite thing right now.
- What book on your shelf have you owned the longest? Probably my Stone Barrington novels I stole from my mom…
Sunshine Blogger #8 – Rochelle @wanderinglectiophile
- If you couldn’t read anymore what would you do? I would just take up heroin instead. Maybe a mix of heroin and PCP?
- Favorite type of movie? Action Drama
- What is your all-time favorite plot twist? Shutter Island got me pretty good the first time that I read it. For movies, maybe The Prestige.
- If you could choose one song as your life’s theme song, what would it be? The Aveneger’s Theme song. I need that kind of motivation 24/7.
- Do you participate in reading challenges? If so, what challenge(s) are you currently concurring? I do not. I would lose all of them.
- What type of post is your favorite to publish to your blog? Book Reviews with lots of jokes and hype.
- Which fictional character would be the most boring to meet in real life? (love this question)
- What weird food combinations do you enjoy? So when I was younger, I used to dip my oreos in water instead of milk. I just wanted them to be soggy…
- What movie quote(s) do you use on a regular basis? Anything from Ace Ventura recently. I say “Spank you very much” everyday at work. Yes, I get weird looks.
- What is your second favorite pastime? Reading or Gaming depending on how I rank them that day.
- What is your favorite vocabulary word? (In any language, just please translate.) Sonder.
Sunshine Blogger #9 – BOOKLOOK
- Define yourself. I try hard.
- What is your greatest fear? Death
- What are your strength and weaknesses? Ambition. (Counts as both)
- If, only for once, time travel is possible, what would you like to do? Only for once? How would I even decide? Either back to medieval ages or super far in the future.
- What keeps you going and positive in hard times? To be better than I was before.
- Did you ever cry hardest? Why? I don’t cry all that much. The last time was a couple years ago when I lost a close friend.
- Tell your notions about hell and heaven. I’m not a believer.
- Who/what is closest to your heart? The nostalgia of old video games.
- What is your birth date? September 2nd
- Why are you into blogging? I like being able to connect with people.
- Which comment had the biggest impact on you? The comments that I am getting on my “Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck” are really impacting me, because it seems that some of that post is impacting them.
Sunshine Blogger #10 – Emily @ Knight Of Angels
- Who is your favorite cartoon character and why? Rick Sanchez, because he is the smartest guy in the universe.
- Which book most changed your life and how? Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. It really helped me better understand myself.
- If you had the opportunity to operate alongside any one person in history, who would it be and why? Hitler. I’ve always wanted to do some collabs with him… OK I guess maybe right now I want to make some Portlandia episodes with Fred Armisen. I think we would be the most iconic duo of all time.
- You have to select three fictional characters to join you on a top secret mission before knowing anything at all about what the mission is. Who do you pick and why? (OMG this question. I have to bust out a whiteboard now and start putting down character traits and planning this like a heist.) I pick Doctor Strange, Captain America, and Thor. Now I am just the comedic relief/every-man while they accomplish the mission.
- You are allowed to manifest one superpower. Which one do you pick and why? Super-strength. That’s just what I’ve always identified with.
- You area allowed to pull one object out of a book that can fit in your hand and through an opening the size of a standard paperback book. What object do you choose and why? (This is a great question) I’ll pull out the time-turner. Imagine all the things I could do with that extra time…
- If your life could be summed up in a song, which song is it? The Sound of Silence
- What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? Not sure
- What is something you wanted so badly that you became unstoppable in pursuing it? Not sure
- What is the greatest book that has yet to be written? Mine!
- They’re making a biopic about you. Which actor or actress plays you? Ryan Gosling for sure.
Sunshine Blogger #11 – Sonali @ Just Me
- What’s your favorite song? Buried Alive – Avenged Sevenfold
- What’s the best thing about you according to you? Sense of humor.
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever got? Anytime someone laughs hard at one of my jokes.
- Fantasy or Reality? Fantasy.
- If given a chance, which mistake would you correct? We learn from mistakes.
- What makes your blog special? It has me!
- Which superpower would you like to have? Time travel or Mind reader? Time travel.
- What makes you most happy? Seeing other people be happy.
- If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day? The Rock.
- What is more important to you? Family, friends or love? Love.
- Alive or just breathing? Hopefully alive…
Sunshine Blogger #12 – Rose @ Around the Library in 80 Days
- If you absolutely had to burn a book, which one? Fahrenheit 451…(heh)
- Favorite adaptation of a book into a TV show or movie? Definitely not Fahrenheit 451. I would say Game of Thrones is pretty good.
- Favorite sandwich? Italian!
- Last time you held someone’s hand? Yesterday.
- Favorite time of day or night? That nice dusk time.
- Turn to the first page of the closest book to you right now. What is the first sentence?
- Why do you have a blog? At first it was to practice writing, now it is to build and be a part of a great community.
- What is your first memory of reading a book? The Berenstain Bears books!
- How many windows are in your room? Do you wish there were more? 2, and yes!
- Biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? When you can’t open a hardcover book all the way and you have to turn your head like a moron to read the text on the side of the pages by the spine.
- To what extent are you superstitious? Knocks on my desk.
Sunshine Blogger #13 – Ostrich @ The Ostrich Pen
- Best book for a road trip? Something lighter. I would rather focus on the road trip than the book.
- Which three books would you erase out of existence? This one is hard. Nothing is coming to mind right now.
- Favourite book-to-movie adaptation? Harry Potter.
- Dream occupation? Stay at home anything.
- Favourite book genre? Epic Fantasy
Blogger Recognition #2 – Shaz @ Shaz Reads
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- I originally wanted to start the blog to make myself start writing more, and I really wanted to tell some of my life story. I didn’t want to just write and save it on my computer, so I looked up blogging sites so I could access it from wherever.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Don’t spam content just for the sake of having more content. Actually feel it.
- Reach out to other bloggers. There is a lot of great people out there just waiting for someone to say hi.
Awesome Blogger #1 – Nicole @ Sorry, I’m Booked
- Favorite cookie? Soft chocolate chip.
- Favorite drink to order at a coffee shop? Beer. Ok FINE, a porter or coffee stout. Best of both worlds.
- Are you more of a sweater weather or short sleeves/shorts weather type of person? Short sleeves/shorts.
- What’s your dream job? Stay at home anything again.
- What’s your favorite mythical creature? Well dragons did exist, so I’ll have to go with a Minotaur.
- What was the genre of the book you most recently finished? Selfhelp?
- What are you currently reading? Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie.
Mystery Blogger #1 – Katie @ Brunching Bookworms
- If you could be any fictional character in a fictional world (that this character isn’t from) who would you be and what world? Logen Ninefingers into the GoT universe.
- If you were stuck on a dessert island and could only read 1 book for the next 3 years what would it be and why? The Way of Kings. I’ll need someplace to escape to every now and then.
- If you were to host a dinner party and invite 3 celebrities who would you choose? Fred Armisen, Brian Regan, and Joe Rogan. I want to laugh and have a good time.
- What would your ideal brunch be? I’m having a hangover brunch with The Rock and we are just killing it. Destroying a full on feast. There are no words spoken.
- -Random Funny Question – If I bought you a cactus and you had to name it what would you call it? Cacticus the Thorn
Mystery Blogger #2 – Priyanka @ PriyankaReads
- Who is your favorite author? Brandon Sanderson.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? I’m not sure yet.
- Do you believe that human extinction is good? Why or why not? I feel pretty confident that my answer is a no…
- Would you rather have to burn (or delete for all you e-readers) your entire book collection or only be able to read one book for the rest of your life? Burn/Delete.
- Dogs or cats? Dogs!
Mystery Blogger #3 – Harshita @ A Bookworm in Bookland
- Tell a weird/funny thing about you. I need to wipe my hands and my mouth after every bite of food.
- What would be your worst nightmare? Losing everything.
- What is the most adventurous thing you ever did? I’m in the process of it right now.
- Which is the most worst movie you ever saw? Probably those newer bad ripoffs of the scary movie parody series.
- If you could visit one country for free then which country would it be? Italy. I really want to check out Rome.
Mystery Blogger #4/5 Deleted site from Leo Lazada and one I lost one 😦
Versatile Blogger #1 – ArtPsycho
- I’m a 4th with the same name in my family (Charles)
- These blog posts take me hours to do
- I don’t read as much as I play video games
- I cried when I finished watching Lost for the first time
- I mistake drinking craft beer and weightlifting as having a personality
- Lemonheads are my favorite candy
- I’ll always want more than I have
- The featured image for this blog post I took in Harry Potter World!
Versatile Blogger #2 – Jasmine @ Jasmine’s Reading
- I’m incredibly self conscious about my body image.
- I refuse to buy something at a store if I can get it on Amazon instead
- I’m addicted to preworkout
- My idea of a good night is drinking beer and playing video games
- I read at an incredibly slow pace. Almost as slow as I come up with blog posts.
- I’ve spent thousands of hours playing Guildwars2
- I can never decide what I want to get at Taco Bell…maybe I should just make my own tacos? But those fries look good. How much do they cost? How many calories are they? Hmm…Maybe something else then. What comes in the combo? OK but I don’t want a large drink too because then I have to carry that around. Have you tried transporting one of those monsters? I’ll need to get bungee cords from home depot first if I get one of those.
Out of this World Blogger #1 – Hamad @ The Book Prescription
- What (or who) inspires you and why? The Rock. The determination and work ethic that man has is incredible.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? Being able to interact with so many people from around the world.
- If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be and why? Some badass like Geralt of Rivia.
- If you had six months with no obligations or financial constraints, what would you do with the time? Travel as much as possible.
- What is one piece of advice that you would give a new blogger? Find out what your passion is, and then use it to help you write. Quality is better than quantity.
If anybody wants to answer some questions, pick your favorite 10 that other people have come up with and post them on your blog! (Maybe I should just create my own new award for people who take months to do these posts and then have problems tagging other people. We can call it the “Wants to do good by the community, but is indecisive, a little lazy, and does not want to leave anybody out award.”)
I will see you all back for season 4 in a few more months. (If you thought that I learned from my mistakes this time – you are wrong.)
If you made it this far you have the patience of a saint. Cheers!